- DIAN India
Country Head, India
Published on 10.03.21
We are looking for a Country Head to lead our dynamic team in India. This is a role ideally suited for a senior professional with strong leadership and organisational skills, with a passion for impacting positive change.
The Country Head, India, is responsible for the overall success of CBIPL and for leading the development and execution of long-term strategies with the aim of making CBIPL a sustainable organisation with a significant positive impact across India. The Country Head, India, oversees all operations and business activities of CBIPL, while balancing the following priorities:
- Promoting the Community Business brand and reinforcing our position as a leader in advancing responsible and inclusive business practices in India
- Developing and growing our business
- Expanding our client base across India
- Ensuring financial sustainability
- Building and leading small high performing and diverse team
- Ensuring a high standard of corporate governance
- Building positive relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Collaborating effectively with Community Business Limited in HK to explore all opportunities for cross-pollination of both entities.
This is a full-time role reporting to the Board of Directors of CBIPL and the Chief Executive Officer of CBL. With a preference to be based in Bangalore with the Indian team, the role will include, but not be limited to the following responsibilities:
- Business Strategy: Aligned with the overarching Community Business Limited (HK) Strategy, be responsible for Community Business’ overall business strategy in India, monitoring local market developments and opportunities in line with our key focus areas to grow the business and ensure a sustainable business model.
- Brand: Build, protect the integrity of and champion the Community Business’ brand in India, reinforcing our position as a leader in responsible and inclusive business practices and differentiating our offering, particularly in the areas of diversity and inclusion and employee wellbeing.
- Public Profile: Be the public face of Community Business’, being the most senior representative for Community Business in India and building your personal profile as a credible expert in key aspects of our work.
- Relationship Management: Build, nurture and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including CB peers and broader team, DIAN India members, prospects, partners, and vendors to ensure we continue to differentiate Community Business and the products and services we provide.
- Business Development: Network and engage widely with companies and partners to grow membership (eg DIAN India and Asia Employee Wellbeing Link), identify new project opportunities and secure specific client engagements, preparing proposals and securing funding as required.
- Programme Management: Take lead responsibility and be accountable for development and implementation of specific initiatives that form part of the India strategy, including research, networks, events, programmes, consultancy and training.
- Design and Facilitation: Take the lead in designing and reviewing content for DIAN Meetings, wider programme of Community Business events and consulting and training engagements with clients.
- Consultancy & Training: Continue to develop, promote, and deliver Community Business’ consultancy and training offering in India, leveraging content expertise and resources from across the organisation to meet the needs of clients.
- Operations: Working in partnership with the COO, oversee all aspects of the operational side of running the business in India, from financial and people management to systems and processes.
- Financial Management: Working in partnership with the COO, maintain close financial management of the business in India, including proactively managing the budget, ensuring sound financial practices and tracking and reporting performance to the Executive Team and Board.
- People Management: Provide leadership, coaching and development to a small team, ensuring they are motivated, engaged and high performing and working in alignment with our core values: pioneering, integrity, collaborative, professional, inclusive and responsible.
Application Deadline: 31 March 2021Job Description Apply Now