13 Dec 2019
Decoding the Trans Bill 2019
What does the new legislation mean for the transgender community and organisations committed to LGBT+ inclusion in India
The Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Act, 2019 passed by the Parliament received assent from President Ram Nath Kovind on December 5, and was made into a law. However, the transgender community in India has opposed the Bill vehemently, with activists calling this day a ‘Gender Justice Murder Day’ for the community.
In this webinar, we bring together key experts to shed light on this new Transgender Bill 2019 to:
- Explain the key provisions – with a focus on what’s new and different from what has gone before
- Discuss the impact of the bill on the transgender community
- Explore the implications from a corporate perspective
This webinar is designed for member companies as well as non-member companies who are committed to creating inclusive workplaces for LGBT+ employees, including senior leaders, D&I leads, legal team, L&D and HR teams, LGBT+ ERG representatives, LGBT+ experts, LGBT+ professionals.
- Take advantage of this opportunity to understand the Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Bill, 2019
- Learn what your organisation can do to uphold the rights of and support the transgender community
- Gain access to the most authoritative and up-to-date information on this crucial topic
Deeptha RaoLegal Expert, Raahi