31 Oct 2017
Going Beyond Diversity: Building Inclusive Workplaces
Intercultural strength training with fast-paced core exercises and activities that are designed to improve intercultural effectiveness
Globalisation has catapulted people from different cultures into shared physical and virtual spaces in homes, relationships, schools, neighborhoods, and workplaces, resulting in new forms of misunderstanding and conflict. Think of this workshop as intercultural strength training with fast-paced core exercises and activities that are designed to improve intercultural effectiveness and support the characteristics of cultural agility. Topics will include emotional intelligence, cultural patterns of thinking and behavior, styles of communication, assumption and values, and cultural adaptability.
We will examine the impact of intercultural communication on our perceptions, attitudes, and values; how we judge others by the way they speak or behave; how we each can contribute to better understanding and reduced conflict among people of different cultures.
Above all, you will have the opportunity to examine your own deep cultural programming and identify strategies to enhance intercultural effectiveness and truly embed inclusion within your organisation.
- Understand and identify cultural patterns in thinking and behavior
- Recognise and adapt to different styles of communication
- Leverage awareness of how your personal communication style impacts others
- Improve ability to self-advocate, communicate preferences, and negotiate terms
- Explore culturally-appropriate tools to resolve and mediate difficult conversations
- Learn how to build rapport instantly with new colleagues, friends, and community
- Harness the power of non-verbal communication, body language and positive psychology
Gulnar VaswanimoreFounder and Principal Consultant of Best Foot Forward International
Founder and Principal Consultant of Best Foot Forward International