24 Oct 2020
Pink Season 2020 - Talk on Workplace Resilience
Free webinars that address personal and corporate resilience amid COVID-19
Part A: CAREER RESILIENCE AMID COVID-19
Webinar 1: 10-11am (English)
Webinar 2: 12-1pm (Cantonese)
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused widespread and extended disruptions to almost every facet of our lives. While we are dealing with short-term pain, it is essential that we are prepared for what may come when the pandemic ends. Experts have said that we might not return to the old norms, and it would take years for the economy to recover. Amid these unprecedented challenges, what could be done to prepare ourselves to ride out the current storm and get ready for the new order?
- How to remain motivated and engaged
- How to make yourself relevant to the changing job situation
- How to make the most out of non-traditional work arrangements
- How your experience in LGBT and other volunteer work counts
Part B: IS THE PANDEMIC A BANE OR BOON TO D&I?
Webinar 3: 2-3pm (English)
The pandemic has wreaked havoc on the economy, and companies are facing unprecedented challenges in maintaining operations while keep their business afloat. To save costs, employees are furloughed and discretionary spending is frozen. Naturally, diversity & inclusion (D&I) initiatives and programs are at risk given budget cuts and other belt-tightening measures, but experts have argued that D&I is critical for business recovery, resilience and reimagination. In this talk, veteran D&I practitioners share their insights on how D&I measures make their companies more agile and innovative in responding to challenges, and how these attributes strengthen their business plans and make them ready to operate in a post-COVID world.
- How COVID-19 is impacting D&I programmes
- How to steer D&I amid these challenging times
- Why D&I is important for business recovery
- Why companies should prioritize D&I as a strategic business imperative
Featured speakers from Community Business: