24 Aug 2021
Psychological Safety and Inclusion at Workplace
This is an interactive 2 hour virtual session for members-only. represented by HR, D&I, and business leaders
Psychological Safety is defined as a person’s willingness to take risks and speak up in their team, to propose a new idea or challenge an existing standard. This is the essence of diversity of thinking and without psychological safety, true diversity of thinking does not exist in the team. Therefore, Building a fearless, inclusive organization that realizes the benefits of diversity through greater inclusion and belonging, is the most important goal for any leader today – whether public or private sector. This is as true for enabling performance as it is for promoting fairness. Creating a psychologically safe environment is also essential for achieving inclusion and innovation. In this workshop, participants will learn:
- What Psychological Safety is
- How it contributes to team learning, collaboration, and performance
- What indicates the presence/lack of psychological safety
This workshop will equip leaders:
- To create a culture in their organisation and teams that will make it safe for employees to speak up, express their divergent views and take appropriate risks
- To recognise what indicates the presence or absence of psychological safety
- To be cognisant of what might be standing in the way of psychological safety in their team
- What behaviours and techniques (individually and team-based) can be deployed to achieve a high degree of psychological safety
This event is for DIAN India members only. Please login or contact Sharmila Lahiri to register.
Sharmila LahirimoreProgramme Manager, India, Community Business
Programme Manager, India, Community Business
Sharmila has over 32 years of rich and varied experience in Sales, Sales training, Project Management, Learning Consulting, Facilitation of Leadership Development Programmes, Partnering in Diversity and Inclusion Programmes.
When not at work, Sharmila works to rescue and rehome abandoned pets. She is also a passionate rally driver.