2018 Asia Employee Wellbeing Week
Research highlights a direct link between employee wellbeing, productivity and performance. Employers who invest in their employee’s wellbeing reap a range of profit-boosting benefits - from higher engagement levels on the one side, to reduced costs associated with absenteeism and attrition on the other.
Responsible businesses put employee wellbeing at the heart of their people strategy - because beyond the business case, ultimately our organisations are about people, and we have a duty of care to ensure our employees are happy, healthy and engaged.
With this in mind, we are delighted to promote 8 – 12 October 2018 as Asia Employee Wellbeing Week. We invite all companies who care about the wellbeing of their employees, to get involved.
What is Employee Wellbeing?
The concept of employee wellbeing has evolved in recent years. Beyond a pure focus on work-life balance, we are now trying to achieve work-life harmony, which is a holistic wellbeing approach that incorporates physical, emotional and even financial wellbeing. A deliberately Asian perspective, the concept of work-life harmony recognises that the two aspects of work and life may be interwoven and that different elements may fluctuate or take precedence at different times.
Register your participation and you’ll not only have your logo featured on our website, but you’ll gain access to a whole host of ideas, experts and resources designed to support your strategy, including:
- Employee Wellbeing Virtual Marketplace: showcasing NGOs, trainers and consultants in the Asia region with expertise on different aspects of employee wellbeing.
- Regional Calendar: presenting a rich programme of events taking place during Asia Employee Wellbeing week in different markets across Asia.
- Resource Centre: featuring comprehensive resources for you to leverage, including links to research reports, statistics, videos and more.
- Promo Kit: comprising marketing materials that you can use to promote Asia Employee Wellbeing Week and your company’s commitment internally, including posters, social media messages, key statistics and talking points, email signatures and more.
Ways To Get Involved
We invite organisations in Asia to use Asia Employee Wellbeing Week as a platform to raise awareness, educate and motivate action around employee wellbeing in your company – wherever you operate in Asia.
Be a Participating Employer: If you are committed to promoting employee wellbeing in your organisation in Asia, we encourage you to register to be a Participating Employer for US $150 and gain access to our Virtual Platform. Please register here.
Be a Service Provider: If you are looking to raise the profile of your organisation and showcase your expertise to a targeted audience of companies across the Asia region, we invite you to book a booth in the exciting, new Virtual Marketplace. Here online visitors – your potential clients - will be able to browse the materials you have on display and interact with your organisation directly. There are 2 types of booth available – Gold (US $500) and Standard (US $250), each with a number of additional benefits, including opportunity to:
- Promote events that you are running in our regional calendar,
- Post useful materials relating to employee wellbeing (eg. research tools) in the Resource Centre.
Be a Corporate Sponsor: If you are looking to demonstrate your leadership and position your brand as an employer of choice, we invite you to sponsor an aspect of Asia Employee Wellbeing Week 2018. Please contact us for more information.
Be a Supporting Organisation: If you are an NGO whose work relates to promoting employee wellbeing in Asia, we invite you to partner with Community Business to raise awareness. Please contact us for more information.
3 Reasons Why You Should Get Involved
1. Raise the profile of your brand - your logo will be featured and promoted on our website and via social media alongside other leading employers taking part
2. Gain UNLIMITED access to our Virtual Platform - packed full of ideas and resources to help you plan your immediate activities and longer-term strategy
3. Gain access to our Virtual Platform - packed full of ideas and resources to help you plan your activities and longer-term strategy
Here are 8 ideas of what your company can do to promote Asia Employee Wellbeing Week:
1. Register to become a Participating Employer in Asia Employee Wellbeing Week. Gain complete and unlimited access to the Asia Employee Wellbeing Week Virtual Platform and all its resources – for all your employees, in all markets across Asia – for just US $150! We’ll also feature your logo on our Community Business website. Register now!
2. Browse the Asia Employee Wellbeing Week Calendar and discover the wide range of events that are taking place across the region. Plan ahead and encourage your employees to attend these in-person events during 8-12 October 2018.
3. Organise your own employee wellbeing event in Asia. Looking for inspiration? Browse our Virtual Marketplace showcasing service providers, speakers and trainers with expertise and service offerings related to employee wellbeing and find out how they can support your programme.
4. Raise awareness of mental health in the workplace in Asia. Promote the Green Ribbon campaign to your employees. Distribute green ribbons as a way to raise awareness, end the stigma and spark conversation about mental health.
5. Share an interesting video or TEDTalk related to Employee Wellbeing. We’ve come up with a list of video suggestions designed to increase understanding and spark conversation and posted them in our Resource Centre.
6. Conduct an internal assessment of your organisation’s wellbeing. There are many assessment tools available for you to conduct an internal audit of your employee wellbeing.
7. Download a complimentary copy of Community Business’ pioneering new research: Embracing Mental Health in the Workplace in Asia. Gain valuable insights into issues relating to mental health in 5 markets across Asia and use to inform your approach to mental health in the workplace moving forward.. Download research.
8. Be an influencer and spread the word. Leverage the contents of our Promo Kit to develop a communications strategy to raise the profile of your corporate commitment to employee wellbeing. We’ve compiled a variety of materials, including: posters, social media messages, key statistics and talking points, email signatures, etc to get you started.