Championing LGBT+ Workplace Inclusion
- Raise awareness of LGBT+ inclusion as a business issue
- Increase understanding of LGBT+ issues from an Asian perspective
- Encourage and support companies to create inclusive workplaces for their LGBT+ employees in Asia
- Advocate for positive change in wider society
LGBT+ Inclusion Index
To provide organisations with a credible and robust tool to assess, progress and promote their efforts towards LGBT+ inclusion
Advance and promote your LGBT+ inclusion efforts with Community Business’ LGBT+ Inclusion Index for organisations in Hong Kong and Singapore. Traditionally, the LGBT+ Inclusion Index has provided organisations in Hong Kong with a credible and robust tool to assess, progress and promote their efforts towards LGBT+ Inclusion. To meet the demand for LGBT+ Inclusion benchmarking exercises across the region, we will be expanding the 2023 Index to include Singapore too. Following the repeal of Section 377A in Singapore, the fifth iteration of the Index will allow organisations in this market that have already started their LGBT+ Inclusion journey to showcase their corporate policies and practices for creating inclusive workplaces for LGBT+ employees. Online submissions will be opening shortly for any organisation interested in participating in the Index if they are based in Hong Kong and/or Singapore.
FIND OUT MORE
LGBT+ Mentoring Programme
A nine-month structured, professionally run mentoring programme to support early-career LGBT+ professionals
This nine-month programme, which began in 2020, fills a gap in the community for a structured, professionally run mentoring programme to support early-career LGBT+ professionals. During the programme, participants will benefit from monthly 1:1 mentoring meetings, group mentoring, networking events and a dynamic curriculum of professional development sessions.
Key Aspects of the Programme:
- Provides a safe space for young professionals to raise topics relevant to their professional development as members of the LGBT+ community
- Both Mentors and Mentees broaden their networks of support to navigate their careers
- Helps companies develop leaders who are invested in creating inclusive workplaces and have the tools to affect change
FIND OUT MORE
LGBT+ Consulting & Training
We offer a wealth of training options to support companies wherever they may be on their inclusion journey
Signature training sessions include:
- LGBT+ 101
- LGBT+ - What’s It Got To Do With Business?
- Creating Inclusive Workplaces for LGBT+ Employees
- LGBT+ Inclusion and the Importance of Allies
- FACES Workshop – Understanding Experiences of LGBT+ Talent
- LGBT+ Related Sexual Harassment
FIND OUT MORE
LGBT+ Focused Research & Thought Leadership
Our LGBT+ inclusion campaign is grounded in our library of Asia-led research and thought leadership
We regularly publish research that explores recent trends and developments relating to LGBT+ inclusion in Asia. Recent topics include:
- 2021 Hong Kong LGBT+ Inclusion Index
- LGBT+ Mental Health in the Workplace in Asia
- LGBT+ Workplace Inclusion in India: the Definitive Guide
BROWSE OUR LIBRARY
EXPLORE OUR UPCOMING TOPICS
LGBT+ Inclusion as part of our DIAN / DIAN India networks
Our signature networks regularly tackle key issues relating to LGBT+ inclusion in Asia
Over the past few years or DIAN and DIAN India networks have explored cutting-edge topics related to LGBT+ inclusion. By joining as either a DIAN or DIAN India, member, you gain complimentary access to Community Business’ library of 20 years of Asia-led research and insights as well as the opportunity to network with and learn from like-minded organisations and individuals from across the region. Most recently, our meetings and discussions covered the following LGBT+ inclusion-related topics:
Accelerating Trans Inclusion in India
FIND OUT MORE
Upcoming LGBT+ Inclusion Related Events
Sexual orientation and gender identity have long been taboo subjects in Asia, poorly understood and rarely openly discussed in wider society – let alone in the workplace. With strong cultural and social pressures to conform and live up to family expectations, lack of recognition of same-sex partnerships and little legal protections, the LGBT+ community face challenges in many aspects of personal and professional life and many conceal their identity and lead dual lives.
As a thought leader in diversity and inclusion and a champion of change, we at Community Business saw the opportunity to take the lead in raising awareness and educating the corporate sector on this issue. Over the last decade or so we have championed the need for greater LGBT+ inclusion, publishing research, providing resources and training, celebrating progress and best practice and advocating for wider social change.
Whilst our work extends across Asia, our focus has been on Hong Kong and where we have seen the greatest progress and success. In the coming months we hope to expand our work across the region and see LGBT+ inclusion placed firmly on the agenda in many more markets.
- China: Aibai, Shanghai Pride
- Hong Kong: Equal Opportunities Commission, Hong Kong Gay and Lesbian Attorneys (HKGALA) Network, Hong Kong LGBT+ Interbank Forum, Les Peches, Pink Alliance, Planet Ally
- India: Mingle
- Japan: Work With Pride
- Singapore: Oogachaga, Pink Dot
- Australia: Pride in Diversity
- UK: Stonewall
- US: Human Rights Campaign (HRC), Out & Equal, Out Leadership
For more information about our LGBT+ Inclusion campaign, please get in touch with the team.