India LGBT+ Inclusion Pre-Index Assessment
With the reading down of Section 377 of the Indian Penal Code, there is fresh optimism for LGBT+ inclusion in India. Following a period of hesitancy by companies, there is now greater corporate readiness to address this topic as part of their diversity and inclusion agenda.
Indeed as Indian society comes to terms with a new era of openness and acceptance towards sexual minorities – a culture change that will not happen overnight, there is an important and critical role that companies can play. In taking proactive steps to create inclusive workplaces for LGBT+ employees, companies can act as catalysts of change – both in their own organisations and beyond.
With the recent launch of our comprehensive resource: LGBT+ Inclusion in India – The Definitive Guide, we have compiled a robust set of recommendations to help companies adopt LGBT+ best practice. Companies of all sizes and from different industries are encouraged to review them and consider how they can apply in their own organisations.
These recommendations intentionally pave the way for Community Business’ introduction of an India LGBT+ Inclusion Index – including a public ranking of companies. In Hong Kong, we have found the introduction of our highly acclaimed Hong Kong LGBT+ Inclusion Index to a be a game changer when it comes to driving the adoption of best practice.
Recognising that much work still needs to be done on this topic in India, we are working in partnership to set companies up for success. We are providing the opportunity for companies to conduct a self-assessment - reviewing their performance in line with our recommendations and providing a valuable follow up report and debrief strategy session.
We encourage all companies committed to LGBT+ inclusion to take part.
Here are 5 reasons why you should participate in our India LGBT+ Inclusion Pre-Index Assessment
1. Leverage a robust framework to understand and assess extent to which your company is adopting LGBT+ inclusion best practice.
2. Engage key stakeholders in your company to ensure joint commitment to your LGBT+ Inclusion strategy.
3. Identify areas for improvement and build a roadmap for the way forward.
4. Get expert and customised advice from Community Business, the established leading LGBT+ experts in Asia.
5. Prepare your company and set yourselves up for success for participation in the Community Business India LGBT+ Inclusion Index which is being launched in the second half of 2020.
How Does it Work?
If you are interested to participate in the Pre-Index Assessment, the first step is to register. Click Here
We will then:
1. Send you a Non-Disclosure Agreement to sign, to reassure you of the confidentiality of the data that you share with us.
2. Send you a password-protected link to the online Pre-Index Assessment. (From December 2019)
3. Consolidate and analyse your results.
4. Compile an individual company report, assessing your performance and providing recommendations for areas of improvement.
5. Schedule a 90-minute Debrief and Strategy session with your key stakeholders to share the findings and advise you on the way forward.
There are 3 ways to participate in the Pre-Index Assessment, with different levels of consultancy and strategic advice provided:
The Output – What You Will Receive
Once you have completed your assessment, you will receive the following – depending on the Pre-Index Consultancy Package you select:
Community Business India LGBT+ Inclusion Index
Leveraging over a decade of expertise and experience in LGBT+ inclusion in Asia, including the game-changing Hong Kong LGBT+ Inclusion Index, we are preparing for the launch of our India LGBT+ Inclusion Index in the second half of 2020. This pioneering index will be the first benchmark on LGBT+ workplace inclusion practices and initiatives in India, providing organisations with a credible and robust tool to assess, progress and promote their efforts towards LGBT+ inclusion.