28 Nov 2019
LGBT+ Workshop 1: Effective Strategising to Drive LGBT+ Inclusion
This workshop will help organisations formulate a strategy for LGBT+ inclusion that aligns with their overall D&I strategy and business goals. They will gain further understanding on how they can effectively drive momentum and strategise next steps.
In 2015, Community Business launched the Hong Kong LGBT+ Workplace Inclusion Index - the first benchmark of its kind in Asia, and a number of associated awards. This initiative was a huge success - propelling LGBT+ inclusion into the spotlight in Hong Kong and positioning the leadership of Community Business in this space. Through engagement with key stakeholders, Community Business decided to run the Index every 2 years - giving more companies the chance to prepare or make progress. The second iteration of the Index was therefore run in 2017 and a third took place in 2019.
The Index has proved to be a game changer in Hong Kong, and as part of our goal to promote the adoption of best practice and drive greater progress on LGBT+ inclusion in Hong Kong, Community Business is committed to sharing learnings and best practices with the business community. From November 2019 to June 2020, we aim to help organisations of all sizes and from all industries to drive LGBT+ inclusion internally and in the wider Hong Kong through our Raising the Bar: Continuing your LGBT+ Inclusion Journey workshops addressing different key aspects of the Index. This will be the first in a series of 5 workshops titled Raising the Bar: Continuing your LGBT+ Inclusion Journey. Discounts are available for those who purchase tickets to all 5 in the workshop series. Please contact Adrienne Davis for more details.
The target audience for these workshops includes:
- Those who participated in any or all iterations of the Index and are looking to make progress
- Newcomers to the Index looking to find out how to get started
- Corporate representatives from both multinational and local companies HR, D&I professionals
- LGBT+ inclusion executive sponsors, champions and network leads
The specific objectives of this workshop are to:
- Highlight the importance of having a specific strategy in place for LGBT+ inclusion efforts in Hong Kong, and how this strategy might fit in with wider organisational goals and plans.
- Provide participants with specific advice on what steps they might take to formulate plans and secure buy-in from internal stakeholders.
- Provide participants with specific advice on what should be included in such plans and how these should be promoted to employees internally.
- Share experiences from companies who have been successful in their efforts in Hong Kong - including challenges and triumphs.
28.11.193:30pm – 6pm Hong Kong TimeAdd to calendar 28-11-2019 03:30 AM 28-11-2019 06:00 PM LGBT+ Workshop 1: Effective Strategising to Drive LGBT+ Inclusion This workshop will help organisations formulate a strategy for LGBT+ inclusion that aligns with their overall D&I strategy and business goals. They will gain further understanding on how they can effectively drive momentum and strategise next steps. Allen & Overy 9th Floor, Three Exchange Square, Central Asia/Hong_Kong
Allen & Overygo to map
9th Floor, Three Exchange Square, Central
Rachael ShekmorePartner, Eversheds SutherlandSpeaker
Michael LammoreExecutive Director, Goldman SachsSpeaker