Peter Sargant is Chief Executive Officer of Community Business, a Hong Kong based not-for-profit organisation dedicated to advancing responsible and inclusive business practices.
Peter joined Community Business following a short career break, prior to which he was an Executive Director of Standard Chartered Bank. Throughout his career, Peter has been a dedicated diversity and inclusion (D&I) advocate and a champion for minority groups. As a founding member of Standard Chartered Bank’s D&I Council in Hong Kong, Peter was instrumental in establishing the Hong Kong LGBT+ Interbank Forum. Peter has had a long association with Community Business, participating in the Community Business Leadership Team (later known as the Responsible Business Network), the Diversity and Inclusion in Asia Network (DIAN) and the Hong Kong LGBT+ Inclusion Index and Awards, since their inception, and has become a recognised speaker and advisor on D&I issues within the workforce.
Peter worked for Standard Chartered Bank for 23 years, across the consumer, wholesale and investment banking businesses in Asia, with his final role as Executive Director, Employee Banking Sales, Corporate Partnerships, within Group Retail Banking. Peter was born in the United Kingdom, but has been a Hong Kong resident since 1997.
Peter’s D&I and responsible business accolades include:
• Member of the Standard Chartered D&I Council in Hong Kong for 12 years
• Brand Ambassador for Standard Chartered’s ‘Here for Good’ global brand campaign
• Co-founder and co-Lead of Standard Chartered’s LGBT+ Affinity Network in Hong Kong
• Founding member representing Standard Chartered in the Hong Kong LGBT+ Interbank Forum
• Trainer for the Standard Chartered ‘Living with HIV’ peer education and training programme
• Member of the initial Advisory Board of OUTLeadership for Hong Kong from 2012 to 2016
• Board Member, Vice Chair, Fundraising Strategy Committee Lead, and Chair of Annual Gala Dinner Event Organising Committee of AIDS Concern (Foundation) Ltd during 2003-2006 and 2015-2018
• Member and Vice Chair of Urban Light’s International Board – from October 2017 to date. Urban Light is a Thailand based NGO devoted to empowering at risk boys and men to live a life outside of the grasp of human trafficking
• Central Committee Member of Pink Alliance Hong Kong from 2010 to 2016
• Winner of Community Business’ 2017 ‘LGBT+ Unsung Hero’ Award - APCOM Corporate Ambassador from 2017 to date
• Amnesty International – Carnival Event Ambassador 2017