24 Jul 2018
Mitigating Unconscious Bias (Language: Japanese)
Understand the process of Unconscious bias. Begin to consider how to mitigate unconscious bias in your workplace. Formulate an action plan.
Unconscious biases influence our actions every day without us realising. Our biases are shaped by past experiences and cultural norms allowing us to filter information and make quick decisions. Sometimes these mental shortcuts cause us to make inaccurate assumptions about people influencing the way we treat them and the decisions we make about them impacting engagement and bottom-line business results.
For Mitigating Unconscious Bias (English Session), please CLICK HERE >>
This workshop will help you:
- understand the process of Unconscious bias and begin to consider how to mitigate unconscious bias in your workplace.
- Experience unconscious bias in action through mini activities
- Develop strategies to be more mindful of the potential of bias impacting organisational processes, decisions, engagement, career opportunities, interactions and performance
- Identify invisible assumptions and patterns of thinking, such as confirmation bias, group-think, the halo effect, stereotypes, and affinity bias
- Assess dominant groups and ‘weighted’ competencies and the impact of assimilation
- Consider best practices for mitigating bias
- Formulate an action plan
Miki OguramoreFacilitator, Price Global
Facilitator, Price Global