19 Apr 2018
Promoting Social Inclusion in India – The Role of Companies
Launch of New Research!
As part of our commitment to advancing responsible and inclusive business practices in Asia, we are excited to announce the launch of our latest research publication: Promoting Social Inclusion in India – The Role of Companies. This research explores the role of responsible businesses in India in improving the ability, opportunity and dignity of people who are disadvantaged based on their identity and encourages companies to respond in a positive and proactive way. In it, we examine what is meant by ‘promoting social inclusion’, the context in India, provide motivation for action, and showcase leading programmes from companies in India. The publication is based on insights from experts and business leaders and features case studies from leading companies in India.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
We welcome representatives from DIAN India member companies and non-member companies who are CSR, Sustainability, Citizenship, HR, D&I professionals, and other business leaders with responsibility for driving CSR strategies in India. For this session, we are also encouraging companies to bring along key internal stakeholders, including lead employee volunteers, so that they can gain a better understanding of the work being done in this space by other companies, ask questions, and network with like-minded individuals.
WHY ATTEND/KEY TAKEAWAYS
- Understand why and how corporates should play a proactive role in promoting social inclusion.
- Hear from the speakers about the various ways in which organisations are promoting social inclusion in the wider community.
- Uncover some of the unique challenges faced by various marginalised communities across India and discover ways to support them.
- Hear advice from leading organisations with regard to their approach, challenges, and future goals and take advantage of the opportunity to network with like-minded stakeholders.
- Be inspired and encouraged by the approach of other companies and walk away with ideas on steps companies are taking to promote social inclusion.
- Engage in discussion with peer companies to explore how corporate CSR efforts towards promoting social inclusion can be improved.
Chitra SoodmoreDirector Business Management, MicrosoftChitra Sood is the head of the Business Management function and has been with Microsoft since 1998
Hari BabumoreDirector Finance - External Reporting, BNY MellonHari Babu is a Qualified Chartered Accountant with 20 years of professional experience in the banking industry
Mayur PatnalamoreCo-Founder and Chief Functionary, Nirmaan OrganisationMayur Patnala is a Social Worker, Social Entrepreneur and is passionate about promoting social innovation
Prakriti PanwarmoreHead Corporate Sustainability, Wells FargoPrakriti Panwar is the head of Corporate Sustainability for Wells Fargo EGS
The/Nudge FoundationmoreNGO beneficiary speaking after the panel