2021 LGBT+ Mentoring Programme
Through our work in the LGBT+ workplace inclusion space in Hong Kong over the last ten years, we identified what we believe to be a gap in the market where young LGBT+ professionals felt that they were not receiving formal mentoring and encouragement with regard to their specific needs and struggles in the workplace. While many in our community note that LGBT+ mentoring is happening in an informal capacity, we felt that there was an opportunity to structure efforts and harness our extended network to give young LGBT+ professionals a safe environment to explore and expand their career prospects and challenges. Drawing on our wealth of experience designing and running the ENGAGE mentoring programme since 2008, as well as taking inspiration from key players in the Hong Kong market such as The Women's Foundation and QSA, Pink Alliance & Fruits in Suits, we are excited to be launching the Hong Kong LGBT+ Mentoring Programme. This nine-month programme fills a need in the LGBT+ professional community for a structured, professionally run mentoring programme to support those early in their career.
During the programme, participants will benefit from monthly 1:1 mentoring meetings, group mentoring, networking events and a dynamic curriculum of professional development sessions.
- Provides a safe space for young professionals to raise topics relevant to their professional development as members of the LGBT+ community
- Both Mentors and Mentees can broaden their network of support to navigate their careers
- Helps companies develop leaders who care about company culture and have the tools to affect change
Become a Corporate Sponsor
As a Corporate Sponsor, you will be supporting young LGBT+ professionals at a pivotal point in their careers and highlighting your organisation’s commitment to creating diverse and inclusive workplaces. Get in touch to find out more.
Become a Mentor
As positive role models, Mentors share their wisdom, skills, stories, and experiences with their Mentees, creating a long-lasting bond while giving back to the community and helping to advance LGBT+ inclusion in Hong Kong.
Become a Mentee
Through the mentoring relationship, Mentees:
- Build confidence, self-esteem and become accountable for long-term career goals
- Create a long-lasting bond with their Mentors
- Develop vital professional skills, such as receiving feedback, goal setting and resilience
- Experience both career and personal development
Become a Session Leader
If you are passionate about supporting promising LGBT+ professionals to succeed in their careers by transferring your knowledge and expertise, please consider being one of our Session Leaders.