First introduced in Hong Kong by Community Business in 2013, and formerly known as Open To You, this pioneering programme brings together inclusive employers with university students and graduates with disabilities – with the aim of identifying potential employment opportunities and helping students/graduates prepare for employment. The programme works with students with disabilities such as physical impairments, visual impairments, hearing impairments, autism, mental illness, learning difficulties, ADHA etc.
With a pre-event workshop to build disability confidence for students and a half-day content-rich forum targeted at employers, the programme culminates in the hosting of an inclusive recruitment fair. Employers have the opportunity to position themselves as an employer of choice, whilst the students get to meet directly with employers and explore employment opportunities.
Since 2016, Fair Opportunity has been delivered in partnership with local Hong Kong partner, CareER.
*Fair Opportunity received the Innovation Award as part of the HKSAR Government’s 2015-16 Talent-Wise Employment Charter and Inclusive Organisation Recognition Scheme.
If your company is committed to being an inclusive employer and removing barriers to inclusion for people with disabilities, we encourage you to participate in Fair Opportunity:
- Profile your company as an inclusive employer and an employer of choice for talent with disabilities and special needs
- Build your disability confidence, gaining firsthand knowledge and experience in attracting and recruiting disabled students
- Gain direct access to a potential talent pool of students with disabilities
If you’re a university student/graduate with a disability or long-term health condition, committed to finding a role in the corporate sector, we invite you to apply.
- Build your aspirations and realise that a career in the corporate sector is an achievable goal
- Build your confidence and capability through targeted workshops and advice from employers
- Meet leading employers committed to inclusive recruitment, and learn about the opportunities available
To maximise your experience and learnings during the Programme, the Fair Opportunity Programme is designed based on the ABLE Model, which has four key aspects:
- Business needs
The Fair Opportunity Programme comprises three key components:
|11 Sep, 2020 (Fri)
2pm – 4:30pm
|Building Disability Confidence Employers Forum||Inclusive Employers|
|25 Sep, 2020 (Fri)
3pm – 5pm
|Capability Building Workshop||Higher Educated Persons with Disabilities / SENs|
|17 Oct, 2020 (Sat)
9am – 1pm
|Inclusive Recruitment Fair||Inclusive Employers and
Higher Educated Persons with Disabilities / SENs
Who Should Get Involved
If you are:
- company representatives who are committed to being an inclusive employer and removing barriers to inclusion for people with disabilities
- university students/graduates with a disability or long-term health condition who are committed to finding a role in the corporate sector For more information, please contact Ada Lee at email@example.com or 3482 4288.
Our Partner - CareER
Since 2016, Community Business has partnered with local NGO, CareER to deliver this programme. CareER was set up in 2013 to support students with disabilities in Hong Kong, with the goal to:
- Develop a talent pool of tertiary educated persons with disabilities
- Create peer support for people with disabilities
CareER has built an online platform for graduates/students with disabilities to:
- Facilitate communication and information sharing
- Create pre-employment networking opportunities for the graduates/students
The following companies are participating in the 2020 Programme and demonstrate their commitment to being an Inclusive Employer.
Gold Sponsors (In alphabetical orders)
Participating Companies (In alphabetical orders)