23 Oct 2019
Embracing and Managing Mental Health in the Workplace
This Community Business session will equip you with the skills needed to emphasise with, and manage issues relating to mental health in the workplace
Many may shy away from this sensitive topic, nervous about the language and unsure about how to address in their organisations. However, with growing incidence of mental health in Asia and the knock-on effect on productivity and performance, opening up conversation and proactively addressing issues relating to mental health is increasing important for companies. As well as understanding the business case for addressing mental health in the workplace, this workshop will help managers recognise the signs and provide proactive support to a team member who may be struggling with managing their own mental health. Through interactive role plays, we share workplace counselling skills and how to craft an empathetic response, critical to fostering positive mental health.
- Increase understanding on the issues in Asia and highlight the role the corporate sector can play to impact positive change.
- Identifying early warning signs and symptoms of mental health issues.
- Facilitating effective conversations using communication, active listening and conflict resolution skills.
- Developing and practising an empathetic response as a practical solution to approaching difficult conversations.
- Function: General / Mixed
- Level: All Levels
Please get in touch with our team to register for this event.
James DownesmoreProgramme Manager, Employee Wellbeing & Disability
Sakshi KumarmoreProgramme & Content Manager, DIAN