2020 Hong Kong LGBT+ Inclusion Awards
The 2020 Hong Kong LGBT+ Inclusion Awards were open for nominations between 5 November 2019 and 21 February 2020. Nominations were free of charge.
At the prestigious 2020 LGBT+ Inclusion Awards Ceremony on 30 July 2020, Community Business Community Business revealed the winners of the Awards.
In the past years, being either a finalist or a winner of our LGBT+ Inclusion Awards has provided both organisations and individuals with an important platform for them to promote and amplify their meaningful efforts in driving LGBT+ inclusion.
- LGBT+ Executive Sponsor Award 卓越公司發起人
- LGBT+ Inclusion Champion Award 傑出同志共融大使
- LGBT+ Ally Award 傑出同志盟友
LGBT+ Network Award 最佳同志網絡
- To recognise an employee network that has played a proactive role in promoting LGBT+ inclusion and demonstrating strong engagement with, and commitment to, local Hong Kong LGBT+ employees.
Eligibility: An LGBT+ employee network based in Hong Kong.
LGBT+ Newcomer Award 同志共融優秀新晉機構
- To recognise an organisation which has recently started on its LGBT+ inclusion journey in Hong Kong (within the last 2 years) and has made significant progress.
Eligibility: An organisation based in Hong Kong.
LGBT+ Executive Sponsor Award 卓越公司發起人
- To recognise a senior executive sponsor based in Hong Kong who has spoken up and used their influence to promote LGBT+ inclusion in the workplace and beyond in Hong Kong.
Eligibility: A senior business executive based in Hong Kong who is not in a line Diversity & Inclusion role.
LGBT+ Inclusion Champion Award 傑出同志共融大使
- To recognise an LGBT+ employee based in Hong Kong who has taken proactive and effective steps to promote an LGBT+ inclusive culture in the workplace and beyond in Hong Kong.
Eligibility: An LGBT+ employee (any level) based in Hong Kong. Priority will be given to employees whose primary job is not related to Diversity & Inclusion.
LGBT+ Ally Award 傑出同志盟友
- To recognise a non-LGBT+ individual who has demonstrated personal passion and commitment to promoting LGBT+ inclusion in the workplace and beyond in Hong Kong.
Eligibility: An employee (any level) who does not identify as LGBT+ based in Hong Kong.
LGBT+ Advocacy Award 最具影響力同志共融倡議(NEW)
- To recognise an individual or organisation which has contributed to the advancement of LGBT+ equality and inclusion in Hong Kong through advocating for legal and/or social change.
Eligibility: An individual or organisation based in Hong Kong
LGBT+ Community Impact Award 最具影響力同志共融社區項目
- To recognise a community-based LGBT+ initiative that has had a significant positive impact in promoting LGBT+ inclusion in Hong Kong.
Eligibility: An initiative led by a not-for-profit organisation in Hong Kong.
LGBT+ Youth Champion Award 傑出同志共融青年大使
- To recognise a young person (age 30 and below) who has advocated for and championed LGBT+ inclusion in Hong Kong, or a community organisation which has advocated for and championed LGBT+ youth inclusion in Hong Kong.
Eligibility: An individual (aged 30 and below) or community organisation based in Hong Kong.
Selection & Judging Process
Recognising the role of these awards in promoting LGBT+ inclusion in Hong Kong, we will assess award nominations in each category based on the extent to which they are:
Nominations for this programme are now finished. Please do consider participating in the 2021 LGBT+ Inclusion Awards.
Sponsorship for this programme is now closed. Thank you to all of our generous Award sponsors. If you are interested in sponsoring future work, please get in touch with our LGBT+ Programme team to explore your options or for further information.
2020 Hong Kong LGBT+ Inclusion Awards Ceremony
Award winners were announced at our 2020 Hong Kong LGBT+ Inclusion Awards Ceremony, held virtually on Thursday 30 July 2020 in commemoration of the International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia (IDAHOTB).
Thank you to everyone who joined us, as we celebrated the outstanding work that is being done to promote LGBT+ inclusion in Hong Kong and to raise funds to sustain our continued work in this area."